Livigno in the region of Lombardy, is located in the Italian Alps, near the Swiss border. At Holiday Homes in Italy, we absolutely love this resort! A Typical mountain location, Livigno characterizes what you would imagine of an Italian resort; most of the houses are built with wood and on every terrace there are a lot of colored flowers and the resort is surrounded by snow and beautiful mountains.
Livigno is perfect to do some shopping, because there are a lot of high fashion boutiques with luxury items, in addition to some others cheaper shops. Since it is a duty-free zone, tourists look forward to buying items at a lower price. The tax free allowance for tourists applied here is the same as the one applied to travellers coming from any non EU country.
Its also a great resort to sit and watch the world go by; have a break in a typical mountain coffee shop, maybe for a hot chocolate, a 'vin brule' or simply an espresso; then, at lunch or dinner time, try one of the many cute restaurants, which serve typical mountain dishes.
Five things to do in Livigno:
1. Mottolino Fun Mountain: If you're looking for fun in Livigno, Mottolino is the right place! A ski-area in winter, with the best snowpark in Italy and a bike park in summer offers you 365 days of fun.
2. Larix Park: an amazing adventure park in the greenery, also suitable for children.
3. Carosello 3000: the largest ski area in Livigno. It offers spacious ski runs, 4 restaurants, a snowpark called Livigno Park and many other activities. During summer Carosello 3000 changes itself into a park suitable for the mountain lovers and for everyone who like outdoor summer activities.
4. Scuola Sci Azzurra: a good way to learn to ski, with specific lessons and private teachers. Very funny for children and teenagers.
5. Guide Mountain bike Livigno: suggestive tour through the greenery and the snow, with very friendly guides, who show you the best parts to go for mountain biking.
Holiday Homes in Italy, offer a wide range of apartments and Chalets in Livigno. To view our selection click here.